Sunday, February 08, 2015

Raynard Jackson: The Cluelessness of Black Republicans

Beneath the Spin * Eric L. Wattree

Raynard Jackson: The Cluelessness of Black Republicans
 
Raynard Jackson, Republican Activist
I've always maintained that I've never met a Black conservative who wasn't either ignorant, self-serving, lacked character, or all three. Here's proof of that:

Raynard wrote,

"A year ago, I went to see Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee (RNC), who happens to be a good friend. I wanted his approval for an idea that I had. The previous year, the GOP had just come off of a disastrous election cycle with Mitt Romney losing his bid to become president. Barack Obama had beaten him in every demographic except White males. Reversing recent inroads into the Black community, Romney received only 4 percent of the African American vote.

"Rather than simply bemoan that setback, I suggested that we create an annual Black History Month honor to be called the Black Republican Trailblazer Award. Essentially, it was a luncheon to recognize, pay homage to, and to honor African American Republicans who have paved the way for people like me and others to be active in our party while making a major contribution to America along the way.

"Priebus immediately saw the value of my idea and gave me the greenlight to move forward, though some staffers were not enthusiastic about the idea. I offered to raise money to underwrite the event, but Priebus insisted that the RNC pay for it . . .

"I was able to organize and execute the event in less than 30 days, despite people trying to sabotage me every step of the way. We had more than 250 people in attendance, probably 40 percent of them were Democrats who appreciated our honorees’ trailblazing contributions.

"Fast forward to 2014 when the honorees were former Assistant Secretary of Labor Bill Brooks, former Ohio Supreme Court Judge, Sara Harper and former Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Louis Sullivan. The keynote speaker was former Texas Education Commissioner Michael Williams.

"Though Priebus didn’t know it [What makes him think that?], members of his staff had unilaterally decided that they no longer needed me and organized the event without me or my input" (http://thyblackman.com/2015/02/03/hijacking-a-tribute-to-pioneering-black-republicans/comment-page-1/#comment-271191).

Here’s an excerpt from another article Raynard wrote about a previous encounter when the GOP told him to go sit in the corner and shut up:
.
In his article, "My Republican Party has Abandoned Me," Black Republican activist, Raynard Jackson, says the following:
.
"For many years, I have approached the party and its supporters about underwriting programs to bring together Blacks who are Republican or lean Republican so we can weave them into every facet of the party structure. The answer is always, No! But, twice this year some of these same people have approached me about funding for some election year tricks that they (White Republicans) have conjured up and simply need a Black face to execute the plan. On these two separate occasions, these funders were willing to spend upwards of $20 million to have me organize a national campaign to identify Blacks who would be critical of President Obama." (http://www.freedomsjournal.net/2012/10/31/my-republican-party-has-abandoned-me/)."

Raynard,

Now I see why you’re a Republican. You just don’t seem to get it, brother! The Republicans neither care about you, like you, or respect you. They’re just USING YOU!!! But like the vast majority of Black Republicans, you either want to be accepted so badly by conservative White folks (who view you like one of the germs under their toilet seat) that you're willing to take a beating, lick your wounds, and then go runnin' back for more, or you have so little common sense that you're absolutely blind.

Again, every time they slap you down you go running back waggin’ your tail, and then rolling over to have your stomach scratched just like a clueless little puppy. So I just have one thing to say regarding your behavior - I sure hope you don’t run into some horny Republican pervert while you’re down at the RNC suckin’ up. If you do, don't let him play you. Make him sign a prenup before you cave. Because I'm absolutely sure of three things - first, he's gonna get what he wants; secondly, you're going to fall madly in love; and finally, you're going to be changing your conservative views on same-sex marriage.

But I'm gonna to tell you right now, he ain't gonna marry you - because first, in spite of what you want to believe, you're Black, and you always will be; and secondly, he can't, because he's a Republican hypocrite so he has to stay in the closet. But I'm sure you'll continue to accommodate him in any event.  And why not? You've got plenty of practice in swallowing your pride, so why not add a little seasoning?

Eric L. Wattree
http://wattree.blogspot.com/
Ewattree@Gmail.com
Citizens Against Reckless Middle-Class Abuse (CARMA)
.
Religious bigotry: It's not that I hate everyone who doesn't look, think, and act like me - it's just that God does.

Sphere: Related Content